Sunday 8 May 2011

My Top Five Tourist Destinations for the Future

My Top Five Tourist Destinations for the Future
1. Machu Picchu – majority of us might not know how great it is to visit this historical site in South America. The Machu Picchu was declared World Heritage Site in 1983 and one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. This lost city of the Incas is a testimony how much the world has changed in the last millennium. This historic site testifies against colonialism in the Old World. The city is known locally but it only gained stellar popularity to the outside world when it was exposed by an American in 1911. I hope that when I see this great city in the future I can say to myself that it “has changed me more than I thought and I am not me any more. At least I’m not the same me I was” to quote Che Guevara.

2. Lourdes, France – I am a Roman Catholic. No devout Catholic would not know this place.  Great stories about Marian apparitions in Lourdes had garnished my faith during childhood. Aside from the glitz, the lights and glamour of Paris, this humble place at the foot of the Pyrenees is the major attraction of France.

3. Bali, Indonesia – Although a neighbor, I have never been to Indonesia. Bali is home to Buddhist temples and Buddhist monks in a predominantly Muslim country of Indonesia. This place is considered the ‘last paradise on earth’ because of the serenity and immaculate beauty of the place.

4. Pyramids of Egypt – No person who went to school does not know the pyramids of Egypt. This ancient wonder is a living legacy in stone of the old world reminding us that no matter how much the world will change, some things remain the way they are.

5. Rapa Nui or Easter Island, Polynesia – This might be a weird place for some but I just love this place because of the mystery that envelopes the island. This island is known for its monumental statues.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

About This Blog

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

;